We have recently moved the Wiggle Waggle Walk to Saturday, September 11th . So make sure to change this date in your calendar. We appreciate the continued support for this event and are anxious to waggle with you all! For questions about the 11th Annual Wiggle Waggle Walk, contact our administration office at (559) 233-8690
Monday, August 30, 2010
Friday, July 2, 2010
We hope you and your pets have a safe holiday! Here are some of our favorite safety tips to keep Fourth of July fun for everyone:
- Keep your pets inside! The loud noises and bright lights of fireworks spook animals and can cause them to run away from home to seek shelter. Keep your animals indoors, and make sure your dog is on a leash at all times, even in your own backyard, when you let them out to relieve themselves.
- Make sure your pets have plenty of water! The hot weather all weekend is sure to have your pets drinking more water than normal, so make sure to keep filling their bowls up!
- Make sure your pet is microchipped! Accidents happen, and should they get lost on the Fourth a microchip ID is your best bet to ensure they are returned to you. Having your pet microchipped allows shelters and veterinary offices to scan your pet's information and contact you if they are lost.
If your pet isn't microchipped, take advantage of our Fourth of July special now through July 3rd to get your pet microchipped for only $15! Or, come in after the holiday and get your pet microchipped for our regular, low-cost price of only $25.
Microchipped is done daily in the Dog and Cat Adoption Centers from 10:00 am to 4:30 pm. For more information, call 559-233-8554.
Happy Fourth of July from all of us at the Valley Animal Center!
Wednesday, June 16, 2010
Monday, June 7, 2010
When: Flag Day - Monday, June 14th at 10 am
Where: Valley Animal Center - 3934 N. Hayston Ave., Fresno, CA 93726
What: Join us as we raise our shelter's new flag in an official ceremony conducted by John Catillo, Eagle Scout Candidate who raised the funds for the flag and oversaw it's erection as his Scout Project to quality for his Eagle Scout award
Monday, May 24, 2010
Students from Clovis North High School joined Valley Animal Center volunteers and trainer Glenn Farris from Alpha K9 Training at the shelter this Saturday for a fun, two-hour dog training seminar with our shelter animals. In addition to obedience training, the lucky shelter pups got plenty of exercise, and lots of love and treats!
If you want to be a part of the fun next time, mark your calendars for the Valley Animal Center's next Volunteer Orientation Meeting so you can get involved, too!
Volunteer Orientation at the Valley Animal Center
(Open to anyone age 12 or older!)
Wednesday, June 16th
5:30 - 7:00 pm
at the Valley Animal Center
3934 N. Hayston Ave.
The presentation begins promptly at 5:30 pm - so don't be late! For more information on volunteering, contact Volunteer Coordinator Brittnee Maxfield at email@example.com or call the Administrative Office at 559-233-8690.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
A PORTION OF YOUR CRUISE FARE WILL BENEFIT THE VALLEY ANIMAL CENTER!
- SUNDAY JAN. 23 SAN DEIGO DEPART AT 4:00PM
- MONDAY JAN 24 FUN DAY AT SEA
- TUESDAY JAN 25 CABO 8:00AM - 5:00PM
- WEDNESDAY JAN 26 CABO 7:00AM 3:00PM
- THURSDAY FUNDAY AT SEA
- FRIDAY SAN DIEGO RETURN AT 8:00AM
TERRI OF DESTINATIONS CRUISES & VACATIONS
Monday, May 17, 2010
Garfield Elementary School raised more than $900 for the animals! Go Cubs - thank you for your continued support!
The Valley Animal Center joined Gnarly Charlie from KISS Country for fun live radio remotes, collecting donations for the animals while helping the station raffle off the ever-coveted Taylor Swift concert tickets!
And last but not least...
The Paw Party with Event Sponsor Union Bank was a huge success!
Thank you to everyone who volunteered collecting change on the street corners, and to everyone who brought their donations to the 2010 fundraiser into the Fashion Fair Mall branch during the party on May 1st. We really appreciate all of your support!